1. Documents for transportation of deceased body to Kenya
- Proof that the deceased person was a Kenyan e.g. Original Passport, Birth Certificate.
- Locally issued burial and/or transit permit.
- Certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- A letter from the local health authority certifying that the deceased did not die of contagious disease.
- A metal hermetically sealable casket is recommended.
- A letter from the Director of funeral home stating how the body was embalmed.
- Telephone number if available of Next of Kin or friends in Kenya.
NB: On receipt of the above documents, the Honorary Consulate will issue a letter of no objection for the remains to be transported to Kenya. (No fee is charged for the service)